Smart Items Tools
Smart Items Tools are a super versatile collection of tools that can affect other items. Drag one of these into a World, then call its actions from any other Smart Items. You just need to set up a template action for this item and you can repeatedly use it as many times as you want or even use it to trigger its own actions according to the process.
• Move item: Smoothly move an item from one location to another. It can work on any item in a World, smart items or normal ones. Select relative positions to specify how far the item moves it from its position, or select absolute positions to move it to specific coordinates in the World, no matter where it was before. Note: All measurements are in meters, considering that a parcel of land is 32x32 meters. If absolute position is used, all coordinates are measured from the lower left corner of that World.
• Rotate item: Smoothly rotates an item from one position to another. It can work on any item in World, smart or not. Choose relative rotations to manually rotate it from its position, or absolute rotations to rotate it in a particular direction, no matter which direction it is facing.
• Convert item rate: Smoothly converts an item from one scale to another. You can also scale it according to different ratios for each axis. It can work on any item in World, smart items or normal ones.
• Delay: Wait a certain amount of time before triggering an action in a smart item.
• Interval: Activate an action in a Smart Items on a regular basis, recurring every given time. Note: Once an intermittent action starts repeating an action, it cannot be stopped.
• Message display: Notify a player's text message on the screen for a specified period of time. The announcement can be only for the player that triggered the action, or to all players in World. Tip: You can invoke as many consecutive actions as you want, by using the "When the transition is finished" in the "Move item", "Rotate item", and "Item rate" actions.
• Multiplayer: - Almost all Smart items have actions set to multiplayer, so all players in the World can experience the same experience when items change. E.g.: If Player A opens a door, Player B sees that door open as well. If Player C then entered the scene while the other players were still there, she would see the door opened as well. However, if there are no players near the scene, the door will be restored to its default state. So if all players leave, but then player A comes back, she will see the door closed (if it is the door's default state). - Make sure you design your own World so that one player's actions can destroy the other's World that comes later. E.g.: If that World is a puzzle game, you can use the delay action on a Smart Items tool to reset all items in the World back to their original state for few seconds after the puzzle is solved. E.g.: If you need a key in your World to evolve, the player can pick it up and run away, preventing other players from evolving. One possible way to prevent this situation is to have a trigger area in front of the World's exit door that triggers the "drop key" action, so that it "returns to its original position".
• Troubleshooting: "An item in my World is supposed to be clickable, but I cant do it." - Make sure it is not obstructed by another object. You cannot click while being precluded by other items. Some items have a "colliding grid" with a simplified shape that may be hindering your item, even if its appearance does not appear to be covered at all. Try moving the item somewhere else to see what happens.
• Custom Smart Items: Besides the default collection of Smart Items that come with the Builder, you can build your own items to insert into your Builder account and use comfortably. This requires code that uses VRtown SDK.