Frequently asked on the gameplay.
- I lost my digital wallet! What happens to my account? If you lose access to your wallet, you will lose your Avatar, name, any wearable devices, or NFT items stored inside. Remember to always keep your wallet recovery phrases in a safe and secure location.
- What can I buy Land with? Yes! you use ETH to buy Land
- Some players have a lot of very advanced equipment. How to own them? The ability to customize Avatar offers a wide selection of equipment and accessories - all for free. You can also buy exclusive equipment, clothes, and accessories that are bought/sold on Opensea or earn them by participating in various events.
- Can I later edit my profile name? Yes. Visit the “Name” page in the Builder to claim it. All you need is to install any Web3 wallet and a small amount of ETH as the fee to rename. Another alternative is to buy “Name” on VRtown's Opensea marketplace.
- How do I block or report a player? Click on another player's Avatar to see their cards, then click the tab block to see options. By blocking a player, you will still see them on the screen, but they will not be able to send messages to you on the chat window. If you report a player, you'll be able to bring that player's behavior to the VRtown Community for a warning.
- What is LAND? LAND is a non-fungible digital asset based on Ethereum smart contract. It is subdivided into Plots that are referenced using unique x, y carte coordinates. Each LAND token includes a record of its coordinates, its owner, and a reference to a content descriptor or parcel manifest that describes and encodes the content the owner wants to make available on his land.
- How big is a Land Plot? The plots are 32m x 32m Height is restricted based on these limitations.
- What is Estate? Like Land, real estate is an irreplaceable digital asset. Estate is the union of two or more directly adjacent pieces of Land. These parcels of land must be directly adjacent and not separated by a road, square, or any other plot. By connecting land lots to form Estates, you can easily manage your more extensive LAND holdings. Estates are particularly useful when building larger scenes that span more than one lot.
- How to buy LAND or Real Estate in VRtown? You can visit the VRtown Marketplace to browse all existing LANDS or Plots for sale.
- What does “'owning' virtual LAND mean and how does it work? LAND in VRtown is represented by non-fungible LAND tokens (meaning each is unique and non-replicable) that track ownership on the Ethereum blockchain. Owning LAND in VRtown is like owning any other unique crypto asset like CryptoKitties or CryptoPunks, however, you will be able to use your LAND in VRtown to build apps in 3rd dimension. LAND is built based on ERC721 standard, making it a digital asset that can be traded with other users, just like other digital assets.
- Why is LAND limited? Like CryptoKitties and CryptoPunks, LAND is an irreplaceable digital asset. To ensure that the value of parcels of land remains stable, the amount of land in the VRtown corresponds to a fixed total token. If Land is not scarce , many parcels would likely be abandoned, negatively affecting the quality of content in VRtown and the user experience.
- Does VRtown run on its own blockchain? VRtown uses the Ethereum blockchain to store and verify information about LAND ownership and LAND assets. It does not run on its own standalone blockchain. Content in VRtown is hosted and served to users through a network of community-owned content servers.
- Who validates the transaction? The Ethereum LAND smart contract records any changes to the state of a parcel of land, such as a change in the contents of the LAND or a transfer of ownership. These changes are recorded and verified by the Ethereum blockchain.
- How is the content distributed? VRtown's visual, audio and 3D content will be hosted in a network of content servers. Anyone can submit a server to join this network, but it must be voted on and agreed upon by the community. This is handled by the Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO). When you visit VRtown, the content needed to display your location is obtained from content servers. Each LAND token, stored on the Ethereum blockchain, is associated with an x,y location in the world and associated with the asset for that location.
- What tools should I use to start building in VRtown? There are two ways to create 3D content for VRtown: Builder is an easy drag-and-drop visualization tool. You have access to a large library of pre-made items, including interactive items that react to player feedback. You can also import and use your own custom 3D models. The SDK is used to create the code scene, giving you more power and flexibility. Both tools can also be combined. You can create a scene visually with Builder, then export it and work with its code to add interactive functionality. You can also use the SDK to create custom smart items and set them using the Builder. You will be able to use tools like SketchUp, Blender, and Maya to create 3D models that you can then import into VRtown, which must be in .gltf or .glb format.
- Can I control who can see what's on my parcel? - Yes. You will be able to control how certain content on your parcel is displayed to other users within the VRtown platform. For example, you can set 3D models, images, video, or audio assets to be visible to players in VRtown only after they've submitted payment or met some other requirement. - However, keep in mind that by uploading content to a content server, you are essentially making it public because the content server is a distributed file system. While it is our intention to limit how much content is served to players through the VRtown client, the content itself will always be discoverable on the content servers. - You will be able to control who you can see and interact with (and who can see and interact with you) in the VRtown. For example, imagine that you have a house on your parcel and you only want to invite certain friends into your house. You will be able to specify which players you can see (and which players can see you) in your home, but you won't be able to prevent anyone from seeing your house or its content as it is needed to display your home on the content server.
- Can I monetize my content? Yes. You are free to decide if you will charge other players for accessing your content and how you will do so. VRtown is not at all involved in the monetization of your content and does not guarantee any returns, profits, or earnings. The success of the platform depends entirely on the efforts of the users. Your destiny, your success, and ultimately your journey, depends on you, your efforts, and your imagination.
- I need support! Where can I contact you? Join our Discord and visit the #help channel to ask any questions you have. We will reply as soon as possible. Our friendly community members can also help. While you're at it, why not check out some other channels to learn more about VRtown?